is the only goal on earth that all people without exception are seeking to
attain. Believers and unbelievers alike seek to be happy, but each party is
using different methods.
However, only believers can achieve genuine happiness. All
forms of happiness attained without a firm belief in God, the Almighty, are
The following are tips for the attainment of happiness:
1. Know that if you do not live within the scope
of today, your thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused,
and your anxiety will increase. These realities are explained in the following
“When you are in the evening, do not expect to see
the morning, and when you are in the morning, do not expect to see the
evening.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
2. Forget the past and all that it contained,
focus on the present.
3. Do not completely preoccupy yourself with the
future and then discard the present. Be balanced in life, prepare yourself
adequately for all situations.
4. Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be
firm. Be sure that in proportion to your worth, the level of people's
criticism rises. Also, make good use of criticism in discovering your
shortcomings and faults, and let it drive you toward self-improvement.
5. Have complete faith in God and perform good
deeds; these are the ingredients that makeup a good and happy life.
6. If you desire peace, tranquility, and
comfort, you can find it all in the remembrance of God.
7. You should know with certainty that
everything that happens, occurs in accordance with the divine decree.
8. Do not expect gratitude from anyone.
9. Train yourself to be prepared for the worst possibility.
10. Perhaps what has happened is in your best
interest, even though you may not comprehend how that can be so.
11. Everything that is decreed for the believer is
the best for him.
12. Enumerate the blessings of God and be thankful
13. Remember that you are better off than many
14. Relief comes from one hour to the next.
Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief.
15. In both times of hardship and ease, one should
turn to supplication and prayer, either patiently contented or thankful.
16. Calamities should strengthen your heart and
reshape your outlook in a positive way.
17. Do not let trivialities be the cause of your
18. Always remember that your God is
19. Assume an easy-going attitude and avoid anger.
20. Life is bread, water, and shade; so do not be
perturbed by a lack of any other material thing.
“And in the heaven is your providence and that which you are
promised.” (Quran 51:22)
21. A daunting evil that seemingly will happen usually
22. Look at those who have more afflictions and be
grateful that you have less.
23. Bear in mind the fact that God loves those who
endure trials with steadfastness, so seek to be one of them.
24. Constantly repeat those supplications that the
Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, taught us to say
during times of hardship.
25. Work hard at something that is productive, and
cast off idleness.
26. Do not spread rumors and do not listen to them.
If you hear a rumor inadvertently, do not believe it.
27. Know that your malice and your striving to
seek revenge are much more harmful to your health than they are to your
28. The hardships that befall you atone for your
sins, if you endure with patience.